A quick myth – the Captain on a cruise ship cannot legally marry you (but can do a ‘devotion’ ceremony). The only port of call in the South Pacific where we can arrange weddings is Port Vila in Vanuatu. It’s an easy thing – you just have to let us know the date the ship will be in port and the preferred time for the ceremony and fax or scan/email us copies of your passports, birth certificates, divorce papers if applicable and a completed Intention to Marry form. If you have guests we can also send you a ‘Witness Form’ (if no chosen witnesses, they will be provided as part of the wedding package) and we can arrange transfers for you and guests from/back to the ship.
There are a number of cruise ship wedding packages (current price from $1550) at various locations – here is an overview of a few of the locations:
WARWICK LE LAGON RESORT & SPA
Couples can marry here and have the resort facilities for the day (sample package below) – just five minutes from the wharf.
BENJOR BEACH CLUB
25 minutes from the wharf, Benjor has a stunning wedding location ocean front (decorated thatched ‘chapel’) and the Officer’s Club restaurant is a lovely spot for a celebration lunch.
ERAKOR ISLAND RESORT
Five minutes from the wharf by road and five minutes on the ferry across Erakor Lagoon there is a choice of lagoon beaches or the historic open-air chapel for the ceremony – and a very nice restaurant for the celebration lunch.
Here is a sample wedding package with inclusions for THE WARWICK LE LAGON RESORT & SPA:
- Lodging of documents
- Return transfers for the couple from the ship
- A Lagoon View Bungalow for the bridal couple (subject to availability) on day of wedding for one day
- A variety of venues for the ceremony: (Restaurant Deck, Beach front, Marquee, Garden)
- Arrival of Bride in a traditionally decorated wedding canoe
- A fanfare of warriors blowing conch shells on arrival
- Authentic Melanesian string band to serenade the bridal party throughout the ceremony
- Decorated floral arch for the ceremony
- Traditional shell leis for guests attending the wedding ceremony
- Religious or non religious Celebrant
- Witnesses (if required) to officiate the ceremony
- Fruit cocktail after the ceremony for the bridal party and congregation
- Marriage Certificate