Weddings in Samoa
Weddings in Samoa are wonderfully romantic and Samoa is a Pacific destination that more than live up to the photographs – white sand beaches, warm turquoise waters, and lush tropical rainforests. Couples can choose to marry in a church, on a beach or beside a waterfall in a stress-free atmosphere that is part of fa’a Samoa (the Samoan way).
Catholic, other denominational weddings and civil ceremonies can be arranged. We only recommend properties that we have personally experienced and wedding packages range from around $1000 to around $2500, depending on the location and the inclusions (some samples below). Following is an overview of some of the wedding locations.
SINALEI REEF RESORT & SPA
Having undergone major renovations and refurbishment following the September 2009 tsunami, Sinalei is now even more ‘special’. The ‘catch phrase’ used by the resort is “Simply Sinalei” and Sinalei is simply stunning. Set in 33 acres of lush gardens on the south coast of Upolo (45 minutes from the airport and 30 minutes from Apia) there are just 27 fales with two restaurants, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and watersports (swimming, snorkelling, kayaking, fishing and diving). The beachfront fales are superb with an enclosed atrium with outdoor shower and large deck looking out to the ocean. Both the resort and manager, Sose Alexander, exude casual elegance. There are various wedding options to choose from – from a church wedding to canoe wedding to a sunset beach ceremony. Sinalei makes weddings special for couples by themselves or those who invite guests.
SHERATON SAMOA AGGIE GREY’S RESORT
Aggie’s is a terrific choice for couples who invite guests who have children (has a good Kids Club and lots of activities) and for those who would like a Catholic wedding as the 100-year-old chapel is now consecrated as a church (only Catholic weddings are allowed in the chapel).
There are other lovely wedding locations by the water or in the stunning rainforest Day Spa. There are 140 air-conditioned rooms looking out across the water to Savai’i island. The resort is five minutes from the International Airport and about half an hour from Apia. Another accommodation (and wedding) option is the famous Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey’s Hotel & Bungalows in Apia.
We can also organise weddings at Coconuts Beach Club Resort & Spa (boutique resort on Upolu Island’s south coast).
LE LAGOTO RESORT
Some visitors to Samoa only go to the main island of Upolu, but there are lots of rewards not far away on the northern island of Savai’i. It’s a 10 minute flight or a 90 minute ferry ride. It is scenically beautiful and, believe it or not, it is even more laid back than Upolu! Le Lagoto is a lovely resort and, not surprisingly, Le Lagoto in Samoan means ‘sunset’ – it is a lovely spot for a wedding!
Just drop us an email or give us a ring and we will work with you to match the best package/resort to suit.
Here are links to some of our other websites:
- More info on the resorts/weddings: www.ResortWeddings.com.au
- More info on honeymoon options: www.TropicalHoneymoons.com.au
- General A to Z info on Samoa: www.SamoaAtoZ.com
And finally, for now…
SAMPLE WEDDING PACKAGES
SINALEI REEF RESORT & SPA CANOE WEDDING
- Decoration of Canoes
- Brides Bouquet
- Brides Head-dress (Pale)
- Ula (Floral necklace – Groom)
- Village Serenaders
- Champagne Meal for two
- Wedding Cake
- CD ROM (photography/compilation)
- Video Taping
AGGIE GREY’S LAGOON BEACH RESORT & SPA WEDDING PACKAGE
- Personal Wedding Coordinator
- String Band Greeting on arrival with leis at the Resort
- Private Return Airport Transfers
- VIP Express Check In at the Resort
- Champagne and Fresh Fruits in your Deluxe Ocean View Room on arrival
- Traditional Samoan Kava Ceremony on your Chosen day
- Traditional Samoan Garments for Bride and Groom
- Fresh Leis for Bride and Groom
- Tropical Flower gown for the Bride and Groom
- Flame Torches for Sunset or Sunrise Wedding
- A beautiful archway of flowers
- Sarong for Bride and Groom
- Planting of tree of love or Niu on the Romantic Island getaway
- Photographer with 40 photos in a beautiful tapa cloth wedding album
- Champagne Breakfast for Sunrise Wedding or Champagne Dinner for Sunset Wedding by the beach
- Marriage Celebrant or Pastor
LE LAGOTO WEDDING PACKAGE
- Special ceremony venue with floral arch
- Pastor or Celebrant to conduct the ceremony
- All marriage licence and registration requirements
- Bouquet for bride & 1 bridesmaid (if any)
- Buttonhole for groom & best man (if any)
- Ulas- floral necklaces for bride & groom
- 2 witnesses
- Special setting for dinner
- Romantic dinner for 2 – from A la carte menu ( entrée, main course & dessert each)
- Wedding coordination
- 1 Bottle champagne
There are special packages for couples inviting guests.