Weddings in Samoa
Weddings in Samoa are wonderfully romantic and Samoa is a Pacific destination that more than live up to the photographs – white sand beaches, warm turquoise waters, and lush tropical rainforests. Couples can choose to marry in a church, on a beach or beside a waterfall in a stress-free atmosphere that is part of fa’a Samoa (the Samoan way).
Catholic, other denominational weddings and civil ceremonies can be arranged. We only recommend properties that we have personally experienced and wedding packages range from around $1000 to around $2500, depending on the location and the inclusions (some samples below). Following is an overview of some of the wedding locations.
SHERATON SAMOA AGGIE GREY’S RESORT
Aggie’s is a terrific choice for couples who invite guests who have children (has a good Kids Club and lots of activities) and for those who would like a Catholic wedding as the 100-year-old chapel is now consecrated as a church (only Catholic weddings are allowed in the chapel).
There are other lovely wedding locations by the water or in the stunning rainforest Day Spa. There are 140 air-conditioned rooms looking out across the water to Savai’i island. The resort is five minutes from the International Airport and about half an hour from Apia.
Couples can choose to marry at sunrise or sunset and celebrate with a romantic dinner or party with guests under the stars. As well as a range of ceremony locations there are a number of celebration/reception options. Just email for more details.
SINALEI REEF RESORT & SPA
Having undergone major renovations and refurbishment following the September 2009 tsunami, Sinalei is now even more ‘special’. The ‘catch phrase’ used by the resort is “Simply Sinalei” and Sinalei is simply stunning. Set in 33 acres of lush gardens on the south coast of Upolo (45 minutes from the airport and 30 minutes from Apia) there are just 27 fales with two restaurants, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and watersports (swimming, snorkelling, kayaking, fishing and diving). The beachfront fales are superb with an enclosed atrium with outdoor shower and large deck looking out to the ocean. Both the resort and manager, Sose Alexander, exude casual elegance. There are various wedding options to choose from – from a church wedding to canoe wedding to a sunset beach ceremony. Sinalei makes weddings special for couples by themselves or those who invite guests (adults only).
COCONUTS BEACH CLUB
Coconuts Beach Club is located not far from Sinalei on the south coast of Upolu. Unlike Sinalei, it allows children but it also has Samoa’s only overwater fales (bungalows). There are also villas, suites and beach fales.
Coconuts is owned by Americans and prices wedding packages in US dollars. Wedding packages start at $1500 and you can step up to a package that includes photography and a Samoan string band to a package that includes spa pampering and a romantic dinner to the full-on ‘Samoan Experience’. Email us for more details. Religious ceremonies can also be arranged.
There is a minimum five-night stay at the resort for couples wanting to marry at Coconuts.
Seabreeze is adults only and all villas have ocean, lagoon or reef views. The Honeymoon Point House is particularly special.
A minimum five-night stay applies for Seabreeze wedding packages and ceremonies can be religious or non-religious. The packages can include a a champagne breakfast to start the day, a beach ceremony, local warrior escort and a local string band to serenade. At certain time of the year the resort may offer a free wedding (subject to seven nights accommodation being booked.
SALETOGA SANDS RESORT
Saletoga Sands is also on the south coast of Upolu. Owned by Kiwis Lou and Gavin Brightwell the resort is a result of them following a dream to build a contemporary but casual tropical resort in a stunning location. Right on the beach with a swimming pool and a range of accommodation options to suit couples and families, Saletoga is ideal for wedding with family and friends attending.
There is a well-priced tropical wedding package for two, a deluxe package that includes a traditional Samoan Warrior escort and the Le Tiamane all-inclusive package that includes four nights’ accommodation for the couple, the ceremony, three course reception and three-hour beverage package for 20 guests for just NZD$6280.
LE LAGOTO RESORT
Some visitors to Samoa only go to the main island of Upolu, but there are lots of rewards not far away on the northern island of Savai’i. It’s a 10 minute flight or a 90 minute ferry ride. It is scenically beautiful and, believe it or not, it is even more laid back than Upolu! Le Lagoto is a lovely resort and, not surprisingly, Le Lagoto in Samoan means ‘sunset’ – it is a lovely spot for a wedding!
Just drop us an email or give us a ring and we will work with you to match the best package/resort to suit.
Here are links to some of our other websites:
- More info on the resorts/weddings: www.ResortWeddings.com.au
- More info on honeymoon options: www.TropicalHoneymoons.com.au
- General A to Z info on Samoa: www.SamoaAtoZ.com
And finally, for now…
SAMPLE WEDDING PACKAGES
SINALEI REEF RESORT & SPA CANOE WEDDING
- Decoration of Canoes
- Brides Bouquet
- Brides Head-dress (Pale)
- Ula (Floral necklace – Groom)
- Village Serenaders
- Champagne Meal for two
- Wedding Cake
- CD ROM (photography/compilation)
- Video Taping
AGGIE GREY’S LAGOON BEACH RESORT & SPA WEDDING PACKAGE
- Personal Wedding Coordinator
- String Band Greeting on arrival with leis at the Resort
- Private Return Airport Transfers
- VIP Express Check In at the Resort
- Champagne and Fresh Fruits in your Deluxe Ocean View Room on arrival
- Traditional Samoan Kava Ceremony on your Chosen day
- Traditional Samoan Garments for Bride and Groom
- Fresh Leis for Bride and Groom
- Tropical Flower gown for the Bride and Groom
- Flame Torches for Sunset or Sunrise Wedding
- A beautiful archway of flowers
- Sarong for Bride and Groom
- Planting of tree of love or Niu on the Romantic Island getaway
- Photographer with 40 photos in a beautiful tapa cloth wedding album
- Champagne Breakfast for Sunrise Wedding or Champagne Dinner for Sunset Wedding by the beach
- Marriage Celebrant or Pastor
LE LAGOTO WEDDING PACKAGE
- Special ceremony venue with floral arch
- Pastor or Celebrant to conduct the ceremony
- All marriage licence and registration requirements
- Bouquet for bride & 1 bridesmaid (if any)
- Buttonhole for groom & best man (if any)
- Ulas- floral necklaces for bride & groom
- 2 witnesses
- Special setting for dinner
- Romantic dinner for 2 – from A la carte menu ( entrée, main course & dessert each)
- Wedding coordination
- 1 Bottle champagne
There are special packages for couples inviting guests.